Sunday, September 6, 2009

I Hit The Shopping Jackpot



Yesterday, I wasn't planning on doing much but stick around my house. My mom called and invited me to breakfast. So I agreed and we had a nice relaxed meal at a local Mexican restaurant. The night before I had attended my sweethearts best friends wedding. So I had plenty to tell her.

After, our delicious breakfast we got distracted by the numerous garage sale signs and decided to stop by a couple. I purchased a couple little things but, nothing I was too excited about. Then my mom suggested cruising by a few of our favorite thrift stores. I wasn't really in the mood because I don't have much extra cash.

Oh course with my low cash flow, I had the best shopping day ever! I spent way too much but, I am so pleased with our beautiful finds.

My first stop in any thrift store is the rack with all of the dresses. As I began pushing through the hangers, I noticed a darling Jackie O. inspired dress and jacket. With excitement I grabbed it and went looking for more. My mom had turned to me and said, look at all of these cute vintage dresses.




I bought all 13 pin up style 50's and 60's dresses. I had felt like I hit the jackpot. It was so exciting to find so many all at once. I keep loading them all quickly into my cart. I will be back later this week just to see if they bring out any more. I will keep my fingers crossed.

I bought a style that reminded me each of these gorgeous icons: Marilyn Monroe, a little Jackie O., some Dita Von Teese, Twiggy, Edie and the list goes on...



Now, I just need to stop procrastinating and get to photographing each of these beauties. I may be keeping a couple but, the rest I will be selling to share with everyone else:)



No comments:

Post a Comment