Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I see you

Last week for my Valentine's gift, my sweetheart purchased a new camera lens for me. It arrived yesterday and I am so excited to have it.

As soon as I noticed the mail man across the way, I religiously kept peeking out my window to see when he'd be to our mailbox. As he drove up, I saw a package on his trucks step and assumed it had to be mine. (In fact, I tried to take a picture of it from a window upstairs, to see if my name was on it.....of course while he wasn't looking). I was right! And, here he came to ring my door bell.

I had a lot of fun chasing around my pets again. I am not going to bore you with more pet photos instead, I decided to post a self portrait I did last night using my new lens.

Truthfully, I don't really care for this photo but, my blog has been abandoned again. And I needed to do a post. hahahaha

I have a much better photo idea but, I didn't have the patience for it last night and need to re attempt it in a few days.

So, I leave you with this slightly creepy self portrait. If you can't tell, all I really liked in this picture was my left eye.

P.S. I remind myself a little of Amanda Palmer from the Dresden Dolls or...maybe a little Marilyn Manson.

1 comment:

  1. Ok. First off: YAY for your new lens!!! That is the best new treat ever. I love my 50mm...it's my favorite lens to shoot with. It's just so clear and crisp and gets amazing bokeh...ahhh. :P But yeah. AND: I love that you know who Amanda F*cking Palmer is! Hehehe. She's married to my favorite author, Neil Gaiman...and yeah, I can totally see the resemblance in this photo (mostly with the make up and the feel of the photo...) But anyways. Can't wait to see more work from the lens!

    ReplyDelete