Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I see you

Last week for my Valentine's gift, my sweetheart purchased a new camera lens for me. It arrived yesterday and I am so excited to have it.

As soon as I noticed the mail man across the way, I religiously kept peeking out my window to see when he'd be to our mailbox. As he drove up, I saw a package on his trucks step and assumed it had to be mine. (In fact, I tried to take a picture of it from a window upstairs, to see if my name was on it.....of course while he wasn't looking). I was right! And, here he came to ring my door bell.

I had a lot of fun chasing around my pets again. I am not going to bore you with more pet photos instead, I decided to post a self portrait I did last night using my new lens.

Truthfully, I don't really care for this photo but, my blog has been abandoned again. And I needed to do a post. hahahaha

I have a much better photo idea but, I didn't have the patience for it last night and need to re attempt it in a few days.

So, I leave you with this slightly creepy self portrait. If you can't tell, all I really liked in this picture was my left eye.

P.S. I remind myself a little of Amanda Palmer from the Dresden Dolls or...maybe a little Marilyn Manson.

1 comment:

  1. Ok. First off: YAY for your new lens!!! That is the best new treat ever. I love my 50mm...it's my favorite lens to shoot with. It's just so clear and crisp and gets amazing bokeh...ahhh. :P But yeah. AND: I love that you know who Amanda F*cking Palmer is! Hehehe. She's married to my favorite author, Neil Gaiman...and yeah, I can totally see the resemblance in this photo (mostly with the make up and the feel of the photo...) But anyways. Can't wait to see more work from the lens!