Saturday, July 11, 2009

DIY: Cutout Shirt

I have been picking up my house and cleaning the bathrooms for a couple hours today. On my "break" I decided that this coming week I need a small DIY project.

Yesterday, when I was visiting with my cousin Gabe and his wife Tiffany, he was showing me some band tees. So, I got my sweetheart and I the same style. I was thinking that my bf won't want to match me exactly and it may be cute to make my tee a bit different. Maybe sex it up a little, considering it's a small guys tee.

I think I am going to attempt something similar to this tee. I do need to wash it first and I am worried about washing it after I cut it up. I will feel really bad if I ruin it. I need to find some washing directions before I cut it up. If anyone has any tips, please let me know. Also if anyone has reconstructed some t shirts I would love to see them.

If my finished project works out, I will post some before and after pictures. Wish me luck:)

3 comments:

  1. I found this picture on sea of shoes. its a picture you might be interested in about a slashed up tee. take a look:
    http://i0006.photobucket.com/albums/0006/seaofshoez/DSC_0826.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tis is awesome. I would wear it, but it's a guys, so i would need to change it or wear something under.
    I hope it works out, maybe just try washing it in cold water :P

    Cathy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Casey, thank you for the picture link. I like the back of that. I will probably make up my own design, probably something similar to that:)

    Caathy, Unfortunately, my shirt is a guys shirt. I am hoping by altering it, I can make it more feminine. I am going to work on a design tonight and tomorrow or Monday I will test it out.

    ReplyDelete