Thursday, July 23, 2009

Guilty Pleasure: Marilyn Manson

So, my guilty pleasure is listening to Marilyn Manson. I can't help it, I am drawn to him. I happen to love his style, his music and how eccentric he is.

He will be performing at the San Diego House of Blues August, 22nd and I really want to go. The House of Blues in San Diego is a pretty small venue. Small venues such as the San Diego, House of Blues is much more intimate than a stadium show.

Last year, I went and I had so much fun. I wore these vintage robin's egg blue tights with the cutest black, gray and blue plaid 50's dress. I had really blond hair at the time and curled it all up in a very retro do. I looked nothing like the other concert goer's but, I didn't care.

Fortunately, I survived the moshing but, my shoes and tights didn't. I was thinking of keeping them as a souvenir but then later decided not to. It was quite a struggle to remain close to the front with all of the huge males, in their even more gigantic shoes and chains. It was definitely an experience and it's an experience I want to do all over again.

Now, for my dilemma, I have no one to go with. None of my friends, family or acquaintances feel the same way I feel for Mr. Marilyn Manson. I am thinking about going this year alone but, hope not to. Tickets go on sale tomorrow, I better get to calling around to see if I can find a concert companion. If anyone will be in the San Diego area next month, August 22nd and would like to go, let me know:) hahaha

Here are a couple videos of last year's concert. If you dare to watch it, turn down the volume or mute it. The videos seems to be taken on a hand held camera or cell phone and the sound is terribly distorted.( This is about the same view I had, my arms might even be somewhere in the sea of hands.)






No comments:

Post a Comment