Monday, October 19, 2009

The Dreamers



Somewhere among the blogging world, I came across some recommendations to discover the movie, "The Dreamers". Well, I finally did so last night and I really enjoyed it. The cast is stunning in their appearances and the setting is romantically placed in France during the 60's.

Once you get over the initial shock of the erotic fascination between two siblings, it's worth watching. Trivial games of their film obsessions begin truth or dare punishment leading to sexual exploration. While rated NC-17, the provocative nature of this movie was created artistically.

My favorite movie quote: "Yes, I'm drunk. And you're beautiful. And tomorrow morning, I'll be sober but you'll still be beautiful."





4 comments:

  1. this film is magnificent. One of my all time favorites. just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this movie! The scene with Eva Green nude wearing black gloves against the black background is stunning. It invoked Venus de Milo... and Eva's a fitting derivative.

    And Louis Garrell may just be my favorite French actor. The ending seemed rushed, but that didn't sway my opinion. I can definitely related to the Franglish... my French vocabulary is severely limited.

    P.S. - Michael Pitt's lips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still yet to see this film, that quote is so sweet! Lovely blog xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw a preview for this a long time ago and forgot about it until now. Thanks for bringing it back! I will be sure to add it to my list.

    ReplyDelete